cul·i·nar·i·an: person who prepares food

nov·ice: someone new to a field or activity

Sunday, January 15, 2012

new years meals






so i have followed through on my new year's resolution to cook more. it doesn't mean i'm cooking every day (let's be real here folks) but i have made a few meals and the reviews are going well!

first meal was pork kebabs with squash and sauteed greens, and ended up being a huge winner. i learned how to prepare pork for the first time and the flavors were phenomenal. even though my husband barely had a sense of taste and smell, it went well. i would definitely make and eat it again.

my second meal was chicken tortilla soup. this particular choice was from scratch... everything was done from scratch, it was a lot of time and a whole lot of work (just ask christina who sat at my kitchen table chatting with me as i did all the prep work :)) i wouldn't pick it to make again but i am thankful that i learned a few things from it. i learned a few ways to cook chicken, learned how to make a chicken soup base from scratch, and got to use cotija cheese (which will be my new obsession).

all in all, i learned a few things about myself.

1. the hardest part of cooking is picking the recipe
2. getting to the store & keeping my little man interested as i get all the ingredients is the second hardest part
3. i don't mind getting my kitchen dirty
4. prep work is super fun
5. it's so rewarding eating my hard work
6. there's nothing like making my boys happy with cooking


No comments:

Post a Comment